1. IDENTIFICATION DATA: In compliance with the duty of information contained in Article 10 of Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce, the following data is reflected below: the company owning the web domain is the Spanish Foundation for Science and Technology, F. S.P. (hereinafter FECYT), domiciled for these purposes at Calle Pintor Murillo 15, 28100 Alcobendas (Madrid, ES), C.I.F. number: G- 82999871 and registered in the Register of Foundations of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport under number 577. Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. USERS: Access and/or use of this FECYT portal attributes the condition of USER, who accepts, from said access and/or use, the General Conditions of Use reflected herein. These Conditions will be applicable independently of the General Contracting Conditions which, where applicable, are mandatory.
3. USE OF THE PORTAL: sciencemediacentre.es provides access to a multitude of information, services, programmes, or data (hereinafter, “the content”) on the Internet belonging to FECYT or its licensors to which the USER may have access. The USER assumes responsibility for the use of the portal. This responsibility extends to any registration that may be necessary to access certain services or content. In this registration, the USER shall be responsible for providing truthful and lawful information. As a consequence of this registration, the USER may be provided with a password for which he/she shall be responsible, undertaking to use it diligently and confidentially. The USER undertakes to make appropriate use of the contents and services that FECYT offers through its portal and, by way of example but without limitation, not to use them for (i) engaging in activities that are illicit, illegal or contrary to good faith and public order; (ii) disseminating content or propaganda of a racist, xenophobic, pornographic-illegal nature, in support of terrorism or that violates human rights; (iii) cause damage to the physical and logical systems of FECYT, its suppliers or third parties, introduce or disseminate computer viruses or any other physical or logical systems that may cause the aforementioned damage; (iv) attempt to access and, where appropriate, use the e-mail accounts of other users and modify or manipulate their messages. FECYT reserves the right to remove all comments and contributions that violate respect for the dignity of the person, that are discriminatory, xenophobic, racist, pornographic, that jeopardise young people or children, public order, or safety or that, in its opinion, are not appropriate for publication. In any case, FECYT will not be responsible for the opinions expressed by users through forums, chats or other participation tools.
4. DATA PROTECTION: FECYT complies with current legislation on the protection of personal data, the privacy of users and the secrecy and security of personal data, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on data protection, specifically Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and whereby Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) is repealed, adopting for this purpose the necessary technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorised access and theft of the personal data provided, taking into account the state of technology, the nature of the data and the risks to which they are exposed. Specifically, users are informed that their personal data may only be obtained for processing when they are adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the specific, explicit and legitimate scope and purposes for which they have been obtained. When personal data is collected through a form, the user will be informed beforehand, in a clear and unequivocal manner, of the detailed information on the processing of their data in each case. You may exercise your rights by filling in a form available at the FECYT headquarters, located at C/ Pintor Murillo 15, 28100 Alcobendas (Madrid, ES), or by sending an email to email@example.com, accompanied by proof of your identity.
You can consult additional and detailed information on data protection at this link: https://pd.fecyt.es/protecciondatos/036-01es.pdf
FECYT informs you that it complies with Law 34/2002 of 11 July, on Information Society Services and Electronic Commerce and will request your consent to the processing of your email for commercial purposes at all times.
5. INTELLECTUAL AND INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY: FECYT, by itself or as assignee, is the owner of all intellectual and industrial property rights of its website, as well as of the elements contained therein (including, but not limited to, images, sound, audio, video, software or texts; trademarks or logos, colour combinations, structure and design, selection of materials used, computer programs necessary for its operation, access and use, etc.), owned by FECYT or its licensors. All rights reserved. The USER undertakes to respect the Intellectual and Industrial Property rights owned by FECYT. The USER must refrain from deleting, altering, evading, or manipulating any protection device or security system installed on the FECYT pages.
Most of the contents of sciencemediacentre.es are published under the Creative Commons BY 4.0 licence, which allows the copying, distribution, public communication and transformation of said contents, including for commercial purposes, on condition that SMC Spain be cited as the source in the case of contents signed by SMC Spain, and that the author of the work be cited in the case of contents signed by said author. If the contents are disseminated through the Internet, they must be linked to our website (sciencemediacentre.es). The contents subscribed to this licence will be indicated at the bottom or on the side.
The use of the contents under the Creative Commons BY 4.0 licence does not allow, under any circumstances, the exploitation, whether for commercial purposes or not, of the contents of SMC Spain for the creation of publications, in any medium, when they are mainly made up of contents of sciencemediacentre.es.
sciencemediacentre.es may link photographic, graphic, or audiovisual material from different sources with a CC licence other than that of the content produced by SMC. The type of use of such material is subject to the licence subscribed to by the source.
The CC 4.0 licence does not apply to textual, audiovisual or graphic content published by sciencemediacentre.es from other information agencies. All rights to these contents are reserved to their owner and, therefore, they may not be reproduced, distributed, transformed, or communicated publicly without the consent of their owner. sciencemediacentre.es shall not be held responsible for the improper use of these contents by third parties.
6. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY: FECYT shall not be liable, under any circumstances, for damages of any kind that may be caused by, but not limited to: errors or omissions in the content, lack of availability of the portal or the transmission of viruses or malicious or harmful programmes in the content, despite having adopted all the necessary technological measures to prevent this.
7. MODIFICATIONS CHANGES: FECYT reserves the right to make unannounced changes it deems appropriate in its portal, being able to present them through this as the way in which they are presented or located on its portal.
8. LINKS: In the event that the domain name contains links or hyperlinks to other Internet sites, FECYT will not exercise any type of control over these sites and contents. Under no circumstances will FECYT assume any responsibility for the contents of any link belonging to an external website, nor will it guarantee the technical availability, quality, reliability, accuracy, comprehensiveness, veracity, validity and constitutionality of any material or information contained in any of these hyperlinks or other Internet sites. Likewise, the inclusion of these external connections does not imply any type of association, merger or participation with the connected entities.
9. RIGHT OF EXCLUSION: FECYT reserves the right to deny or withdraw access to the portal and/or the services offered without prior notice, at its own instance or at the request of a third party, to those users who do not comply with these General Conditions of Use.
10. GENERAL TOPICS: FECYT will pursue non-compliance with these conditions as well as any improper use of its portal, exercising all civil and criminal actions that may correspond to it by law.
11. MODIFICATION OF THE PRESENT CONDITIONS AND DURATION: FECYT may modify at any time the conditions herein determined, being duly published as they appear here. The validity of these conditions will depend on their exposure and will be in force until they are modified by others and duly published.
FECYT shall be governed by current Spanish legislation and any dispute shall be submitted to the Courts and Tribunals of the city of Madrid.